I try making all my recipes as tasty, quick, and easy as possible. The most ‘difficult’ part of this recipe, is cutting the rinds into thin strips, but you could use a grater or a food processor, I personally prefer the look of the knife cut rind for my marmalade.
- ± 9 Limes (washed, halved)
- 3 c Water
- 4 c Sugar
- Juice the limes – you should get ± 3 cups.
- cut the rinds / peel into very thin strips – you should get ±3 cups
- add the juice, rind and water in a pan
- boil for 10 minutes on high
- reduce heat, cover and cook for 1 hour
- the rinds should be soft
- prepare your jars,washing, then sterilizing them by pouring boiling water over them in a pot.
- uncover the limes and add the sugar, stirring regularly to make sure the sugar has disolved and nothing sticks.
- boil for approximately 10 minutes
- Use metal tongs and remove only when you are ready to pour in your hot marmalade, and seal immediately and allow to cool completely.