Pasta, cream, sauce…mmmm, what more could you ask for? Can be served hot, or cold. I personally, prefer it hot, straight out the oven.
- 250g Cannelloni Shells (no pre-cooking pack)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 500g Tomato Pure
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 t Oregano
- 1 c Water
- ±0,7kg Beef Mince
- 1 T Carob Syrup
- 1 T BBQ Spice
- 1 T Butter
- 2 T Flour
- 2 c Milk
- 1/2 c Grated Edam Cheese
- 1/4 c Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven on high
- In a saucepan, heat 1 T olive oil, add the garlic, tomato pure, 1/2 c water an oregano
- boil for 3 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 1 T olive oil, add the mince, carob syrup and BBQ spice
- cook for 8 – 10 minutes (until mince is cooked)
- Heat a separate pan, add Butter, flour, and milk
- Boil and stir continuously, allow to thicken
- add 1/2 c water, continuing to stir allow to thicken
- turn off heat, and add half the cheese
- In an oven-proof dish, pour 1/2 the tomato sauce
- Fill each cannelloni shell individually with mince, using a spoon and pack on the tomato sauce.
- pour the remaining sauce over the shells
- pour the cream over the sauce (if too thick add water) spread over making sure to cover shells completely.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese
- Sprinkle over the bread crumbs
Place in the Oven and cook on medium tray, for 30 minutes or according to pack instructions.