The best of both worlds: is it lasagne with aubergines or moussaka with lasagne? It is an interesting and yummy combination.
- ±7 Medium sized Aubergines/Eggplant
- ±1T Olive Oil
- ±1T Sunflower Oil
- 1 box Lasagne
- 1Kg Beef Mince
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1T Olive Oil
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 500g Tomato Puré
- 1t Oregano
- ½c Red Wine
- ½c Water
- ½t Sweet Paprika
- Salt and Peper
- 1L Milk
- 3T Butter
- 5T Flour
- 5c Cheese (I use Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- 1c Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven on high heat, and place rack on medium level
- Slice Aubergines, medium thickness
- lightly coat them with the oil combo.
- grill them till soft, and set aside.
- In a Pan, heat the oil, add paprika, garlic and onions, sauté them till soft.
- add mince cook through
- add the rest of the sauce ingredients
- allow to thicken slightly
- set aside.
- In a separate pan, add butter and flour, heat so butter can melt and combine with flour, stirring continuously add the milk little by little to thicken, and combine.
- turn off heat and add 4c of cheese.
- In a prepared ovenproof dish, Layer…mince, aubergines, mince, lasagne, cream, aubergines, mince, lasagne, create, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes